The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated an unprecedented demand for digital technology solutions. As such, various agencies in the Government and private sectors collaborate to undertake initiatives by building and utilising technologies such as contact-tracing application, online learning and tools to facilitate travel restrictions, to tackle the global pandemic in a whole of nation approach.
The official GOV.BN Telegram channel provides citizens with latest updates on the COVID-19 situation.
Citizens can join the channel at t.me/govbnofficial
Citizens can request latest key statistics and information of the COVID-19 situation via the official GOV.BN WhatsApp account in two (2) language options.
Simply send 'Hi' to wa.me/6738333148 to start.
BruHealth mobile app provides citizens and residents updates on COVID-19 development and related policy measures, monitors health conditions of residents of Brunei through the self-assessment feature and tracks risk exposure of residents of Brunei using the Bluetooth and GPS tracking features.
- Epidemic update: Contains an overview of Brunei and the global COVID-19 situation (latest statistics and trends).
- Personal assessment code: This code reflects the infectious risk of the user and will determine the type of activities the user can take part in.
- COVID-19 Self-assessment tool: A tool that assesses your risk factor to COVID-19 and is used as a reference only. It does not provide any medical diagnosis, treatment advice and medication guidance.
- Friday Prayers Code: This code is used to book for your next Friday prayer, and to determine if you are healthy and well enough to attend Friday prayers.
- COVID-19 knowledge: Includes press releases issued by the government related to COVID-19, as well as articles infographics on COVID-19
- FAQ's on COVID-19: Frequently asked questions of COVID-19.
- Nearby: Shows the activity trace of the confirmed cases in Brunei and locations of medical resources.
- Scan QR Code: Allows users to scan the QR codes at business premises or locations that has applied for the BruHealth QR Code. Entry to the premise is determined by the event code of the user.
BruHealth app is downloadable via Google Play and App Store.
TRAVEL APPLICATION (EXIT COUNTRY)
Exit country travel bans have been made effective from 16 March 2020 for Brunei Darussalam citizens and residents.
Citizens and residents who intend to exit the country under urgent circumstances will need to apply for approval from the Prime Minister's Office at www.pmo.gov.bn/GFECA
TRAVEL APPLICATION (ENTER COUNTRY)
Foreign nationals are barred from entering the country through land, sea and air control posts effective 24 March 2020.
However, special consideration will only be given by the Immigration and National Registration Department subject to important matters. The application can be made to the department online at www.immigration.gov.bn
PENGGUNABIJAK MOBILE APP
Monitoring of product prices is continuously conducted for items such as rice, sugar and other essentials such as hand sanitizers and surgical face masks. The list of essential items can be found in the PenggunaBijak mobile app.
Download the PenggunaBijak app at Google Play or App Store.
The pandemic has resulted in schools across the nation to be closed thus learning and teaching has to be conducted remotely on digital platforms. In response to the significant demand, telecommunications companies are working together with ministries to expand and enhance bandwidth and data to ensure continuous online learning. Citizens are also welcome to take part in supporting online learning by donating computers, laptops and tablets (new or used).
Program Rancangan Pembelajaran di Rumah for Year 6 Students are broadcasted on television through RTB Aneka channel and online at www.rtbgo.bn
COVID-19 RELIEF FUND
Citizens can make donations to the COVID-19 Relief Fund via online transfers directly to the fund's current account as well as via mobile provider.
PROTECTING JOBS AND PROVIDING SUPPORT FOR INDIVIDUALS
Businesses are offered free-of-charge online training through Coursera, an online learning platform that has over 300 courses related to business matters.
Revamping of Job Centre Brunei (JCB) Website – Job Matching, real-time notifications for job matches, and companies would also be able to get talent profiles and compatibility reports based on the criteria of the jobs.