This service, provided by Land Transport Department, Ministry of Transport and Infocommunications.
This is an online/counter service
General Prerequisite / Criteria
- Private and government vehicles Class 1 and 3 only.
- Not applicable to private vehicles with fee exemption.
- Vehicles aged 7 years and above from the date of original registration must first be inspected to obtain Certificate of Road Wortiness at LTD's Vehicle Inspection Station.
Renewal can be made one (1) month before expiry except on the day of expiry.
Must have an insurance policy to cover the vehicle within the valid duration. Applicants must make sure that the respective insurance company has updated the data of the renewed insurance policy into the SPD.
Online Prerequisite/ Criteria
- Has registered and activated e-Darussalam account.
Click here to Register OR Click here for information on Activation.
- Has an active email account
Delivery by Post:
Additional $3.00 payment will be charged for Express Post Service.
The delivery will take three (3) working days.
Applicants can visit any LTD branches during working hours to update their Vehicle Registration Book.
How to use the Service
Step 1: Register with e-Darussalam
- Go to www.gov.bn
- Click on "register now"
- Fill in online form
Step 2: Activate e-Darussalam Account
- After successfully registering your e-Darussalam account, applicants are required to go to the Online Service Counter at your nearest LTD branch to activate your account
- You are required to bring along your Smart Identification Card for verification purposes
- Once the account has been activated, an email containing the password will be sent. It is advisable to change the password that has been provided.
Step 3: Choose the LTD service that is required
- Go to here or by clicking on the “Start” button above
- Log in to your eDarussalam account by Typing in your Smart Identification Card No. and your personal password
- Click on 'I am not exempted from fee payment for driving license renewal'
- Choose renewal period
- Choose collection mode
- Once you have completed filling in the required information, click "Submit"
- Please take note of your application reference number
Step 4: Payment
- For payments using Credit Card, Debit Card or Cash Card:
-After a successful payment is made, an e-mail will be sent with the instruction where the renewed Driving Licence can be collected from. Please see Step 5.
- You are advised to visit the Online Terminal in LTD Headquarters at Jalan Beribi, Gadong or LTD's branches at other districts to make payment.
- If payment is not made within two (2) weeks from the date of application made, the application will be cancelled.
Step 5: Collection
Applicants can choose to collect their renewed Vehicle Licence at the Online Service Counter at your preferred LTD branch or have the Vehicle Licence sent by post.
For collection at LTD Online Service Counters:
- Please take note that collection of Vehicle Licence at LTD Online Service Counter will take three (3) working days.
- For Renewal of Vehicle Licence, applicants are advised to bring along their current Vehicle Registration Book to any of LTD Online Service Counters listed below:
- Brunei Muara - LTD Headquarters, Jalan Beribi Gadong
- Tutong - LTD Branch, Tutong District
- Belait - LTD Branch, Kuala Belait
- Temburong - LTD Branch, Temburong District