Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Service List

Application for permission to publish Magazines and Newspapers

This service is provided by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MOHA).  Publications of Magazines and Newspapers are governed by the local Newspapers Act (Term 105). Aimed at controlling the printing, publication, production and sale of Newspapers in this country. All local Newspapers must be registered to the Registrar of Newspapers i.e. Permanent Secretary of MOHA and all local and foreign Newspapers must first obtain a permit from the Minister of Home Affairs.

This is an offline/counter service


General Prerequisite / Criteria

  • Each application for permits, whether to publish and print local newspapers or to bring books/magazines from abroad must first make a permit payment.

How to use the Service

  • Form can be obtained at the Counter of Public Entertainment Control Division (Bahagian Pengawalan Hiburan Awam dan Penerbitan) or download here.
  • Information on applicants, redaction conferences, authors, managers and others shall be completed.
  • Application Form must be completed and submit to Counter of Public Entertainment Control Division (Bahagian Pengawalan Hiburan Awam dan Penerbitan) not less than three (3) months before the date of publication commences.
  • Sample or a dummy Magzines/Newpapers to be published must be included in three (3) copies.
  • Deposits of $100,000.00 must be paid in cash for local Newspaper publications and $20,000.00 for local magzines.