The Youth Tilawah Al-Quran Scheme organized by the Islamic Studies Department under the Ministry of Religious Affairs was introduced in 1997 with the aim of producing youth who are experienced, knowledgeable and talented in reading the Al-Quran through the use of the 'Tarannum' (melody) method.
This service is for youths, or parents/guardians who want to register their children, to join the Youth Tilawah Al-Quran Scheme.
This is an offline/counter service.
General Prerequisite / Criteria
- Muslim of Ahli Sunnah Wal-Jamaah.
- Subject of His Majesty Paduka Seri Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam.
- Age between 12 – 18 years old with valid Brunei issued Smart Identity Card (IC).
- Completed and passed the Religious Schools' Certificate Examination (Peperiksaan Sijil Sekolah-sekolah Rendah Ugama),
Interested youths with the Al-Quran reading ability and has obtained support from the principal of the Arabic School / Institut Tahfiz Al-Quran,
Talented youths/students who can recite the Al-Quran eloquently and fluently and has obtained support from the headmaster of their religious schools.
How to use the Service
Get the application form (Penyertaan Skim Tilawah Al-Quran Remaja) from:
- Arabic Schools via the principal or headmaster.
- Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Institute of Tahfiz Al-Quran via the principal.
- Government Religious Schools. The list of religious schools can be found
- Government and private secondary schools via the head of religious teachers (ketua guru ugama).
- Registrations are usually opened for a period of a month around mid-year for the next year's entry once the schools listed above received instructions from the Director of Islamic Studies.
- Fill in the form and submit with the endorsement/support form from the principal of the Arabic School or Institut Tahfiz Al-Quran or the headmaster of the religious school accordingly. You can submit the form to the same places listed above. You will need to have and provide:
- One (1) copy of the applicant's identity card
- One (1) copy of Al-Quran Recitation Contest Certificates, if any.
- Selected applicants will be called for interview sometime in October/November (subject to change) via their respective schools.
- Successful applicants will be informed again via their respective schools.